Thursday, December 25, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
WISHING EVERYONE A VERY VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS & MAY 2009 BE KIND TO YOU ALL.
HEAPS OF LOVE & KISSES
Sunday, December 21, 2008
When we moved here in 1996 there were no bats, they arrived a couple of years later & more & more keep coming every year. This would not even be an eighth of the amount that live just down the road from us. this year our very wise council decided to cut down the beautiful big trees that they live in & built them wooden roosting nests, it still didn't stop them, there are more back yet again this year.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
I did my first swap last month, it was the Secret Santa Honeypot Swap & my Secret Santa was Judy Greer who lives in a small town in Tennessee. We had sent each other a couple of emails before my parcel arrived in the post, & Judy honestly is such a lovely Lady. I am so thrilled with my Christmas decorations, just how cute is the lolly pop & the lolly, I was jumping round the room for joy when they arrived. Judy also made me the beautiful card, & as an extra put in the stunning hand towel, which has an R embroidered on it, just perfect. Then to really top it off the next day in the mail this gorgeous postcard arrived from Judy, it will also be bought out each Christmas & take pride of place on my Hall stand. (Sorry it is a bad photo, I deleted the wrong one) So thank you so much Judy, you made such a wonderful job of everything & I cannot thank you enough. I was hoping to put a link to Judy's blog but unfortunately I do not have it, I have emailed her so as soon as I get it will put it on for you.
I had planned on putting more on this post but could not get the other photos on, so will post again tomorrow. Have a great night everyone.
1. I was born on the 22nd Jan 1960 (yep I know Im getting up there in age, but do not feel it thank goodness) in New Zealand to Margaret & Harold, the best Parents a girl could ever have. Being pretty stubborn I decided I was not going to arrive into this world on my head, so after quite a battle of wills with my Doctor insisting on turning me back around all the time, I finally won & came popping out on my feet!
2. My first full time job was working in an office, not the most suitable job I must admit, but I stuck it out for 6 months while waiting for a Hairdressing Apprenticeship to become available. After I qualified at the age of 21 I moved to Australia with the guy who became my future Husband. We lived in Sydney, & rented quite a few places in Kings Cross, had a ball living & working there (at the Crest Hotel as a Housemaid) & met & made friends with some pretty colourful people.
3. At the age of 22 I had my eldest son, Mick decided to arrive 5 weeks early & I was in labour for an hour! I found it hard not having my Mum with me for support, I can remember one day when Mick slept for 11 hours straight, I poked & prodded him, did everything to wake him, in the end rang my Mum in a panic, & she very calmly told me that being premy he just needed his sleep!
4. New Years day 1986 I left my Husband & moved up to Coffs Harbour to stay with my Sister in law, 3 weeks before my second son was due. Sharon picked me up at the airport, we had just pulled into her driveway & I couldn't get out of the car. A quick trip to the hospital & in less than an hour Ryan arrived into the world. I few months later I moved into my own place where I was very lucky to make friends with some great Ladies.
5. When Ryno was around 2 1/2 I met my future Hubby (the photo below is on our wedding day, over 17 years ago, good grief, where have the years gone?) He asked me 5 times to marry him, I finally said YES when he told me it was either marriage or the end of the relationship, & I came to realise I trusted this beautiful man enough to *take the plunge again*, something I have never regretted! I know it sounds corny but Noel is my best Mate, he has always put me first, he loves me for me & has put up with so much, a early menopause which started when I was 36 & put him through hell, & my depression. I honestly love this man with all my soul & cannot imagine what life would be like without him.
6. In 1993 on the 7th February I was cooking tea 2 weeks before our daughter was due to be born, when (excuse me) but I had the biggest urge to go to the loo. Noel & the boys were watching a movie & when I realised the *urge* was in fact labour pains & I couldn't get off the toilet I started calling out for help! The tv was up to loud for them to hear, finally managed to drag myself off & all hell broke loose as the rush was on to get to the hospital. I had come to realise that when the pains started they didn't stop, no led up just full on labour, we were just very lucky to be living with Noels Mum & Dad at the time so didn't have to worry about the boys. 3/4 hour later Taska Rose was born, I finally had my little girl. In September 1996 we bought & moved into our home. When Taska started school I returned back to work & then in 2000 I was very SHOCKED to discover I was 5 months pregnant! I had had no signs what so ever, this one decided to stay hidden until they wanted to be known! On the 14th Feb 2001 at the age of 41 I gave birth to Dylan, who was 3 weeks early & the labour lasted 23 minutes, he was the fasted on record at Coffs Harbour Hospital. But he had one last little *surprise* for us, he also decided he was going to land on his feet, Karma had come back to bite me on the bum!
7. I love to sew, in fact I enjoy many different crafts, & this year took the plunge & finally started selling my wares on ebay. I have *met* some lovely Ladies who I have had the privilege to sell to, & although I had a rather nasty experience with one buyer, I will be back to it in the New Year. I have decided that 2009 is going to be the best year ever & am really looking forward to it. Oh & one last thing, I just LOVE hugs & kisses, a real need to get through the day!
Sorry but for some reason ??? the photo turned out smaller than it actually is, just click on it if you really want to have a look! Ok so that is my 7 things about me, hope I haven't bored you guys tooooooooo much. Now I have to pick 7 other bloggers & challenge them. Here goes...
So there you go, all done, now I just have to notify everyone that they have been tagged! This has taken a lot longer than I thought so will not be back on until tonight to post what I was going to do in the first place. Oh well that's life huh.
Hope you are all enjoying the start to your weekend
I just want to thank everyone who left comments for me,for my last post, you have no idea how loved you all made me feel. When I was writing my last post I kept thinking that maybe no one would want to read about my *problem* I mean I do realise that we all have problems in our lives, & was really worried that you would just think I was *Nuts*! Well I truly am over whelmed!. I am happy to say that I am gradually getting back to normal, the only issue I still have is with my eldest son, & as time goes on the gap is getting bigger, the damage is getting worst. But I came to a decision tonight (which I have to say I have been putting off for quite awhile) & although I know it will only make things worse, I could not live with myself if I just kept ignoring the situation & did not speak up! So it will be a lot quieter here for Christmas with no Grand kiddies around am just keeping my fingers crossed that they will make contact again when they are old enough to do so themselves.
I also want to say how proud I am of my Hubbie, he really has been my rock, I know in the past it has been very hard for him to understand just what the hell was going on with me, but this time he was there with his shoulder constantly in my face should I need to lean on it, giving me the space I needed when I just wanted to be by myself, trying to get the kids to understand why Mum was always in tears, OMG this man really deserves a medal, & I love him like you would not believe!
Enough, this was supposed to be a HAPPY post, (says she with a grin on her face) so thank you all again from the bottom of my heart & see yah's later today.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
So on a brighter note our puppies are now 4 weeks old today, 2 more weeks & they are off to the pet shop, I always get way toooooo attached to them, they are just so cute & will no doubt cry my eyes out, along with the kids when they leave us!
Christmas is fast approaching, I was involved in a *Secret Santa Swap* this year, my first, took me weeks to decide what to make, (again the has to be perfect came into it) but in the end I did a craft I have not done in years & sooooo enjoyed it, have taken photos so will post them when Kylie receives her parcel. God I hope she likes them!
Ok so I have rambled on enough here & have probably put you all to sleep, but OMG do I feel better for having gotten this off my chest, I have felt like I was living a lie not being honest with my illness, disease, madness? call it what you will, so I have bared my soul to you all & hope you will still pop in & leave a comment for me, I really do love hearing from you.
Oh before I forget, thank you so much Mel for including me in your 7 questions, I will get onto doing it in the next couple of day, it really means a lot to me Sweet.
Will take me a while to catch up on what everyone has been up to, but am looking forward to reading what has been going on.
Hoping your Day/Night is being kind to you
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Well I promised you guys photos of the Cheap Trick/Def Leppard concert & here they are. A friend who came with us took these photos on his Mobile phone, because Noggins here forgot to take her camera didn't she! Ok so this is Cheap Trick, oh wait of course you can see that, dah!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
My great $10 find (rocking chair) is still sitting by itself out in the shed, I went into Spotlight yesterday as they had 20% off all their Manchester (gotta love that) & could not believe that I found nothing that took my fancy to cover her in. In Coffs we only have Spotlight & one other fabric shop to choose from. so I am at a loss as to what to cover her in. Bugger! I do have four curtains that I bought off ebay, Rachel Ashwells *Rosilee* print, which I bought to make pillows etc with, got them for a steal at the time, but when I saw them I thought they would look lovely hanging in my bedroom. My Darlin' does not want curtains, just the wooden blinds, which by the way I am very slowly trying to talk him into letting me paint white. I am too scared to cut into them in case he should change his mind & I wouldn't have enough to hang. Decisions Decisions.
It is still raining here, has now been 1 1/2 weeks & it is starting to get me down, I have so much painting to do but is too wet & damp to get anything to dry. So listen guys, I know there are so many of yous who really need all this rain (I should not be whinging) so if I can come up with a way to send it down/up to yous I will
Enjoy the rest of your day
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
Wow I do not believe this but I have received my first award from Kathryn at http://ourshabbycottage.blogspot.com/. I am honestly over the moon & have the hugest smile on my face that will no doubt stay there for the next few days. Thank you so much Kathryn, you do not how happy you have made me.
Ok so now it is my turn to pass this award on to 7 other great bloggers out there, so here goes:
http://thepink-poodle.blogspot.com/ Andrea because she has become a close friend & I smile every time I read her blog. Hey sweet this is your second award in one day!
http://adregan.blogspot.com/ Ali a fellow Kiwi because she bought my blog to life & I still cannot get over how pretty it is.
http://shannonthompson.blogspot.com/ Shannon was the first person to leave me a comment on my blog & boy it meant so much to me.
http://http//abiteofcountrycupcakes.blogspot.com/ Kylie because her blog is just so cheery & she tells it how it is!
http://melsroseplace.blogspot.com/ Mel because I just really enjoy reading her blog, & she has a picket fence & roses in her front garden just like me!
http://wwwbloggercomcottagerose.blogspot.com/ Rose because her blog is just such a delight to read, & she loves her gardens!
http://www.abeachcottage.typepad.com/Sarah because I just love how she has renovated her Beach Cottage, & her wit is very infectious.
Ok so I know I said 7 & if I can still count properly that is my seven (thou mind you I could just keep going) but there is one more that I need to give this award to:
http//ourshabbycottage.blogspot.com/ Kathryn because her's is the first blog I read every day & I just love all her creations, a very talented Lady.
Ok so there you have it, if you accept this award you can place it in your sidebar & you must blog it & send it on to seven others. ( Leave them a comment on their blog to let them know)
Enjoy the rest of your day
Love the white, so clean & crisp looking. Love this shot of Cindy, she is the most sweetest little Australian Terrier, my Mum & Dad really love their little girl.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
So after my big find of the day I was feeling soooooooooo much better & stopped in at the THIEF"S shop, our biggest & only privately owned *second hand* shop. I had spotted a great looking out door lounge the day before that I could just so see sitting on my front veranda (if you have visited before you will know this my favourite spot) & had spent that night having dreams of painting (WHITE of course) & making up more poofy cushions to match the chairs, & just have something to lay on & read by book, have a coffee (or the odd beer or even better Vodkas) in peace, so had decided that it was going dirt cheap, so imagine my horror when it was not even there! Ok so around the corner to yet another thrifty shop where I found the little collection above. Two very tacky gold frames, a curtain that has the most sweetest roses on it, & a book on Madame de Pompadour (YEESSSSSSSS). Ok so the frames have now been painted white & lookin' real good, the curtain I am going to make new cushion covers for the front veranda as the pink & white stripe are toooooo small & I really have to have rose fabric out there, & the book I am just going to sooo enjoy reading 'cause I have always wanted to go to France, like forever, I think in a past life I lived there! So after two hours of thrifting I walked home (remember there's no license here) in 35 degree heat & finally arrive looking like a beetroot, dripping wet, but OH SO HAPPY, which I have not felt in I do not how long.
Oh yeah as for the Vacation! there isn't one, just couldn't think of a third V that I did yesterday!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Thanks so much for popping in & hey don't be shy, leave a comment so I know you have visited.
Enjoy the rest of your night.
McGrath Foundation Ltd.PO Box 4Northbridge, NSW 2063.ABN: 23 115 566 624
Oct 30th, 2008Receipt No. 8000
On behalf of the McGrath Foundation I would like to thank you most sincerely for your generous donation and support of the Foundation.The McGrath foundation is committed to continuing Jane's legacy by promoting "breast awareness" among young women, and enabling the placement of specialist McGrath Breast Care Nurses across the country, particularly in rural and regional areas, to support women diagnosed with breast cancer. Breast Care Nurses are specially trained nurses who act as patient advocates, care coordinators and provide support for women with breast cance, their families and carers.Thank you very much for your valuable contribution, which will enable us to continue to work towards achieving Jane's vision.
Mrs Lynette Rigby67 Gundagai Street Coffs Harbour NSWAustralia
Donation Gratefully Accepted
$ 26.00Payment Method: Credit Card
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Ok so I need to tell you guys out there that I have been pretty down lately, has taken my all to to this, let alone clean my house which just has NOT happened! So tomorrow on MY LIST is clean the house!! well I would rather be out finishing off the sanding of my porch, repaint my porch & door frames etc etc etc.
My ebay & etsy have really suffered, I have made NOTHING!! have heaps of ideas in my head so is time I started using them. To tell you the truth I just want to get on the next plane outta here, France has always looked SO GOOD to me, Europe, where ever, think I will visit my favourite countries via the Internet, cannot get any cheaper than that.
Ok so that is it for tonight, has been really HOT here today & is still really HOT so until tomorrow when I show you the PINK thing I bought yesterday for my computer, hope you guys have a great night.
P.S. Oooops forgot to say the Lady I bought my pretty necklaces from on etsy is HomeStudio.etsy.com Am hoping this link works as I have not done thisbefore. Oh & she has FREE POSTAGE WORLD WIDE until 31st October.