Saturday, October 10, 2009

*Do you ever have those days*.......

Ok so tell me *do you ever have those days where NOTHING goes right*. Oh I hear you all saying *yep have them...so here's the deal....the cushion I posted about making, you know the one with the candle wicked butterfly, well after a lot of serious thought as to how I was to turn it into a work of art... we are talking days here... it has been banished to my *to do later when I have more patience* box! I had decided I wanted to keep it fairly plain, didn't want to take away from the butterfly which was where all the work had gone into after all, so decided on a cream raw silk fabric for the border, fine not a problem, then came the ruffle...grrrrrr... I choose a creamy white plain fabric & set to making. Now you have to understand here I am not a fan of making ruffles, to me they are VERY time consuming as I have to pull the threads by hand and there has been many a time when I have nearly had them finished when *twang* the thread breaks & its back to the sewing machine! After this happening 3, yep THREE times, I finally had it all pinned in place ready to sew (I do have to mention here that by this stage I was VERY lucky to still have a sewing machine after considering throwing it through the window, around my sewing room or dumping it in the rubbish bin!) I set to & sew away, then over lock all around. YES I pat myself on the back (something I shouldn't really do until completely finished I have since learnt) now to cut out the back. SHOCK HORROR..... dare I say it.... not all the ruffle was sewn to the border....if you are a sewer then you KNOW how the person who invented the over locker (although one of the best inventions ever) failed to come up with a super duper quick way of unpicking once a mistake has been made..... hence the banishing! If there is one thing I know about myself (I have mentioned before the key to good sewing is patience) although I have become better with age, I knew when to admit i was BEATEN!

Ok can it get any worse... you bet your bottom dollar it can.... my goal was (as I have also mentioned in an earlier post but has my mind is by now getting very haggled as to which post it was) to have my Website up & running this month I took all the photo's, re sized them, did the write up, (once again talking hours here & to all you lovely Ladies out there who have their own Website I take my hat off to you) put in the photos, saved, on to the next one, FINISHED, Whooo Hooo, had to take a sneak peak before I activated......... Noooooooooooooooooooo. come on this is not happening, was I that BAD in my past lives?????? What the?????????? the write was fine as for the photos.... toooo big, toooo small, not where I placed them, some not even there, some two of, so what have I done WRONG..... I followed all the instructions honest I did.....

One of my Listings.....
Another listing.......


Yet another......

My all time FAVOURITE...

So I have just one more word to say here...... HELP.............
Well maybe just a few more..... Where on earth would we be without laughter..... this post is not a whinge it is telling myself although things do not always work out as planned....*laughter is the best medicine*.....
Wishing you all a great weekend & hey if things do not work out for you, take a deep breath, do the UMMMMMMM thing, relax, there is always tomorrow.....
Ok lastly I want to thank you lovely Ladies out there who left encouraging comments to me regarding my son Ryno, they are greatly appreciated







8 comments:

10 Minute Crafter said...

Oh dear!! Yep, I have had absolute shockers like that, I think sometimes all you can do is laugh otherwise you go a little crazy!

Have you thought about investing in a ruffler attachment? I recently bought one, saves HEAPS of time & the ruffles turn out really professional looking.

I used to have an online shop so can totally sympathise with the pic problems! Can't wait to see your shop filled with goodies, your creations are so lovely : ) Hope the rest of your weekend is fabulous,

Sheryn xox

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

hey Sheryn yep have one of those & can you believe it I cannot get it to work......thats life huh..you just HAVE to laugh..

Have a GREAT weekend

Lyn xxx

mariondee-designs said...

Hi Lyn, I know those days! When nothing seems to work out I just leave it. Yes through experience I know that if I keep tackling the problem it's just going to keep giving me trouble so I'll leave it for a couple of hours or even the next day when I have totally calmed down. Yes, ruffles are very time consuming. I too make them by hand and you need really good quality thread and a lot of patience not to pull the thread to hard. Not that Ihave much patience! I have a ruffler but can't seem to get it to work either! lol! Luckily my brother is a Janome mechanic so will have to consult him next time I see him. If I find out what I'm doing wrong I will let you know. Anyway your creations are so pretty and wish you all the best with your website. tace care, Maryann

Connie said...

Day like that??? Nuuuuuu, sugar, I have MONTHS like that! It does even out though in the long run. Beautiful pillows, of course.
xoxo,
Connie

Tulip~Rose Quilt Shoppe said...

Hi Lyn....
I read you post and burst out laughing....It was like I was reading about me!
I planned on listing what I had left over from the Expo on my website (as it was empty and I havent listed anything before) and I have spent the last three days mucking around with descriptions, resizing photos etc...(and losing it multiple times) and constantly reading tutorials!! Other people make it look SOOO very easy...and I also have a Janome ruffler and have no idea how to use it!!
Have a great week (it can only get better)
Glenda xxx

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

I do not have a website so I cannot help you there...
I also don't sew!! lol!!!
But Just getting the writing and photos On Blogger somedays is a Great Bugger!
All your goodies look gorgeous so will be worth the wait though.

Rebecca Nelson said...

Promise to write you back soon, sweetie. Don't think I've forgotten about you...no way!

I have bad days all the time...but compared to others I know they aren't all that terrible. My "terrible" would certainly be another person's "joy".

I also have a ruffler. Can't live without it now.

You mean the world to me girly.

Love to you from the middle of the USA~Rebecca

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Lyn,

Oh, yes, I have days and months like that. lol Just walk away for awhile and come back to it later.
You might want to invest in a ruffler attachment. Might make it a lot easier. Beautiful pillows though. Made with love. I'll be back to see when your pretties are listed. :)

Debbie xo