Saturday, July 11, 2009

"What have you been buying now"

I forgot to go & collect the mail yesterday after all I presumed there would just be more *bills* waiting in the mail box & to be honest here I am NOT the sort to *dance a jig* in pure glee because I received a bill - do you know anyone who does? So this morning my Darlin' goes out to collect the paper & finds the mail sitting in the box (we do not get mail delivered on a Saturday in Australia) so it was yesterdays mail he pulled out. He handed me a white envelope you all know the sort with the little window in the front.... & a small box addressed to me with the comment "what have you been buying now". So I'm standing there racking my brains *have I bought something that I have forgotten about* nothing sprung to mind so replied "I have not bought anything" his reply being "well you must have & forgotten (is possible) or it's something you bought a while ago & has taken awhile to arrive". I gave him my *what you don't believe me* look which really didn't come across all that well because I had a niggling feeling in the back of my mind maybe I had forgotten I bought whatever was tucked away inside the box! Only one thing to do right, open the parcel & prove him wrong! So getting a knife (was wrapped so well, almost as if *someone* didn't want it to be opened) I tore the paper to sheds to find a little box inside. After using the same knife again to cut more cellotape I eagerly opened it to find......


the most gorgeous little cupcake I have ever seen (sorry the photo is so bad but my batteries were running out so had to take the photos real fast). Looking inside the box for a note or whatever *nothing* only to hear a ah uh from my Darlin""you did buy something"! Ok now I admit as each month passes I am getting closer to the big five O but I knew & I mean I KNEW I had not bought a cupcake.... So back to the wrapper went I & although it was in pieces I managed to find out with this lovely came from... Kylie at http://abiteofcountrycupcakes.blogspot.com/ !
To say I was blown away is really putting it mildly I mean to receive this just right out of the blue what can I say......
Well first off a humongous THANK YOU & I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT wouldn't go amiss & this has just shown me yet again what great friends I have made on blogland how generous & kind people can be & how this is just the *icing on the cake* (yes pun intended here) for what to me has been a GREAT week!
So once again I say thank you Kylie (you picked a bad time to get over your busy school holidays lady) & honestly you have to have a look at her pretty pretty cupcakes they really are to die 4....
Hoping you all are having as great a weekend as I am...
Oh & as for the white envelope with the *window* still havn't got around to opening it....





11 comments:

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

aww isnt our Kylie just the sweetest, most kind hearted chickie around ! 'Just Coz' prezzies are the best kind.
I would have cried i think!

Luv Shann xx

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

Hey Shann I DID cry...

Lyn xxx

Eclectic Chic Style said...

So sweet, I just adore it!!! What a sweet surprise!
♥ Teresa

Alison Gibbs said...

What a sweet gift from Kylie
Alison

blushing rose said...

How preciously sweet of Kylie. How lovely for you ... don't you just LOVE surprises!! TTFN ~Marydon

Rebecca Nelson said...

Very precious my friend. So sweet of Kylie (love that name...reminds me of my Kylah)to remember you in such a thoughtful way.

The CC is beautiful and so are you!

xoRebecca

Anonymous said...

What a dear friend to do such a sweet thing for you. Don't you just hate when you think you've let your cheese slip right off your cracker? I too get very forgetful sometimes but it can be a good thing. Just like your cupcake.

Tulip~Rose Quilt Shoppe said...

Hi Lyn....
what a lovely suprise! I am amazed at the generosity of bloggers....lucky you!
PS.....You have been tagged!!!!..please visit my blog for details
Glenda xxx

Shaz said...

Hi Lyn,

Oh you lucky girl -what a lovely surprise.

Thank you for stopping by my new blog - I appreciate your comments. Hope you are enjoying your weekend - a bit chilly here in Melbourne.

Anonymous said...

hi hun, just catching up with blogs. hope your well.I am starting a new blog called midwife wannabe, so am still around. have a great weekend. xxx t

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

I'm baaaccckkkk!!
And Whoppeee you got your lil cake!
Thought it'd be all the more fun to send it unsigned...But you know me well obviously.
Glad it put a smile on Ya dial!