Thursday, July 1, 2010

~*What Lurks In My Garden*~........


Yesterday as it was a lovely sunny day I decided to get out in the garden.... I have heaps of Agapanthus that I wanted to dig out & as My Darlin' had fixed my new you beaut shovel from Bunnings (I broke the handle the first time I used it) I decided it was time to get into it. So after a couple of hours I had removed a fair few of them plus some other plants I no longer wanted in the garden. The weather turned overcast & cold so I decided it was time to call it a day & make myself a pipping hot cup of coffee. I was sitting down talking to My Darlin' when my leg started to itch........ looking down I saw this.......


Now I'm sure I have told you in the past I am terrified & I mean TERRIFIED of spiders so can you imagine my reaction..... screaming, jumping around, heart palpitations, until in the end I just felt like throwing up....... my biggest fear has always been to find a spider on me & to think it had been there for a while made it even worse..... so next time I get out in my garden I will be wearing gardening gloves & My Darlin's gummies......
Hope you are having a great week.......



6 comments:

Alicia ~ time worn style said...

Hey thats nothing, once i was sitting on the loo and grabbed the toilet paper and there was a huntsman sitting on the paper. Hadnt grabbed a full grown huntsman spider before and didnt realise how scratchy and crackly they are like sandpaper. Needless to say I was off that loo like a rocket, glad there were no witnesses. Eeek I've probably made you worse but i think my story wins ;0)
alicia

Anonymous said...

Yep spiders are pretty aweful....they don't bother me too much but would rather not have contact with them if I can help it!

Alison Gibbs said...

OMG I think I would have thrown up
at seeing that on me
Alison

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Ewwwwwwww Did it bite you though??
I despise spiders and I think most of us have a horror spider story.
Mine was soaking in a bath when the power went down Oh well hot bath may as well lay in the dark,power flickered back on and yep spredeagled in the water with me a Huntsman!!!!!

Wendy McDonagh-Valentine said...

Oh my goodness!! I hope he didn't bite you!! My youngest son was bitten by a spider a couple of years ago and he had to go to the emergency room of our local hospital. It was on the back of his head at the hairline. It was horrible to look at. Very scary!! Gardening gloves are a great idea!! :)

~ Wendy
http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

OMG!!! I would have just died right then and there...