Friday, April 30, 2010

~The Joy Of Feeling The Soil Between My Fingers~............

Hi all.......so what have you guys been up to this week?........... I have spent my week in my front gardens & so far have filled our Wheelie Bin twice.......was lucky it was emptied Tuesday morning after I filled it on Monday, since then I have filled it till it is chockers & brimming over, have also filled two wheel barrows plus have a pile, a huge pile of cuttings from our trees down our driveway sitting on the front lawn. So far I have only done 31/2 gardens & we are talking BIG gardens here & just when I was thinking this arvo *where on earth am I going to put the rest of the weeds, dead plants & plants I no longer want* when our neighbour who owns the Pre-school next door told me I can use his *Green Wheelie Bin* as they wont be using it! YES..... THANK YOU....... I can keep on gardening tomorrow.......... it soothes my SOUL...... I sit in amongst the soil & weeds (my jeans have piles of dirt on the knees & the bum) my shoes are falling apart from using my new *you beaut Bunnings Shovel* & I FEEL so good, this is what I have needed for soooooooooooooo long. I have had so much crap happening in my what was supposed to be my *YEAR* friends who lives have been falling apart & have made me their *Dear Abbie* where it got to the point where I *went DOWN again* I have realised I have to look after myself.....is that being toooooooo selfish? Anyway I am rambling......



So tomorrow will find me back out in my gardens, the weather is just to die for....not too hot, not tooooo cold, Sunday my Darlin' & I will head off to the *Tip* with the back of our Truck loaded with all the weed etc that wont fit in the other Wheelie Bin & will arrive back home with the back of the Truck chockers with beautiful dark soil to put back into the gardens...... & then the replanting starts...... pure BLISS FOR MY SOUL.....
So how will you spend your weekend?
However you do....I hope you Enjoy.......


5 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Sounds like you are having a ball in the garden.
It is tough when everyone comes to you with their problems. There comes a time when we have to try and say 'No' to people and start looking out for ourselves.
Have a wonderful weekend
Alison

Connie said...

I'm not much of a gardener, but I understand getting out into the grass and soil, honey. It's bliss when I can walk in my lush green grass. Oooooohmy. Heaven, chickee!
xoxo,
Connie

Sandy said...

I love the garden but those days are behind me I'm afraid. Too old and achy to do all that bending. DH suggested a "raised" garden tall enough so I don't have to bend! LOL. It was raining here this week end, so I spent Sunday reading blogs. Both the rain and the reading carried over to today.

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Lyn
Glad you're enjoying your garden, I used to love getting out in the garden, but over the past few years all my fav plants died from lack of water, I sort of lost my mojo, I should get back into. As I type this the rain is pouring down

Glad you liked your print, thanks Lyn
xo Gail

Alicia ~ time worn style said...

No lyn, sometimes you DO have to be a bit selfish and look after yourself first otherwise before you know it you are in a bit of a heap (speaking from experience here!) Gardening is the best relaxation i find, even with the funnel webs (yes we have them in victoria) and scorpians hiding in the soil!!
alicia