Sunday, January 3, 2010

Have you ever *Thought What If*......

I love this photo it hangs in my Hallway in a frame my Darlin' made for it years ago when I was painting.... The first photo isn't the best sorry. Although I have painted all my other frames white I just couldn't bring myself to paint over it as after all the years when I did paint I have very few pieces left & must admit I was very proud of the outcome as these were the first pansies I had ever painted....



I remember the scroll work took me ages there was a lot of wiping off & redoing until I felt it was good enough...


So the man in the photo was once engaged to my Grandma & I have often wondered *what if*.... what if they had married.... well how different my life would have been.... but then I realise I would not be here, well not as me anyway.....


This is not the original photo but a copy, well actually its a copy of a copy, the first one over the years turned green, not a good look.....




Although I was never related to this man I am still very proud to have his photo on my wall, proud to have a tiny piece of my Grandmothers past love.... a tiny piece that I imagine gave her a lot of love.....
Wishing you a day of peace, new hopes & lots of love....








8 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

Sometimes I think of the "what if's". Then I remember...

God knew me BEFORE I was born and had a plan and calling for my life even then.

You are who you are because He made you to be exactly who you are.

Love to you girlfriend.

Happy New Year from America.

Love, Rebecca

Rebecca Nelson said...

Sometimes I think of the "what if's". Then I remember...

God knew me BEFORE I was born and had a plan and calling for my life even then.

You are who you are because He made you to be exactly who you are.

Love to you girlfriend.

Happy New Year from America.

Love, Rebecca

My Pink & Cream Cottage said...

Rebecca.... let me tell you it feels soooooo good to be me, it honestly does....

Lyn xxx

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

I do often think what if!
Remeber that movie sliding doors....One thing different and your whole life can be changed but I do think we all end up where we should

A Southern Rose said...

This is the sweetest post. I often have wondered 'What if'.

Hugs to you,
Lee Laurie

P.S. This year I might 'get it right'. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hey Lyn,
What a great post! First off your art work on that frame is so pretty. You are one clever woman.
On the 'What if?' It's something I often ponder on.....I think we all do & that's not a bad thing either.
Sarah

sarah said...

you got me thinking...great post!

prashant said...

You are who you are because He made you to be exactly who you are.


Work from home