Thursday, September 16, 2010

~My little Man Is Growing Up~.......

Today Dylan our youngest has gone off on his first over night excursion to Port Macquarie with all the Year 4's at his school. He did not want to go on this trip in fact he came up with so many excuses some of them even surprised me that they could have originated from a nine year old mind. His main reason for not wanting to go was that he would miss us & I have to admit there was one moment there where I nearly caved gave in & told him he didn't have to go but he does need gain his independence as next year his school excursion is down to the Snow for 5 days & if he didn't go on this one it would make it so much harder to get him to go next year......

~My cheeky boy outside the school waiting for the bus~

So this morning we were all up at 6.15 which by the way is far too early for me I am NOT a morning person
& at the school by 7.15 which is just around the corner waiting for the two buses to arrive a 7.30. As soon as we got there Dylan was off playing with his mates & was not impressed when I called him over to have his photo taken. The kids were getting a bit restless by the time 7.30 came & went & still no buses in sight, it turned out they thought departure time was 8am. After the kayos of getting bags & kids loaded up they were off, all with big smiles on their faces & me, well a few tears welling up in my eyes, my baby is growing up.....


~Just visible through the bus window~

I know he is going to have a great time, time will go so fast for them as they have so much crammed in to the two days they are away & before they know it they will be back home at 4pm tomorrow & I can just imagine Dylan saying how great it was, how it went too fast & that he didn't want to come home, oh well....




Above is the mark Dylan received for a project he did last month, I am sooooo proud to see he got an *A*

Wishing you all a great day......



No comments: